5pal, a place for thoughts.
Last Revised: November 23, 2017
1. Protecting your privacy
- We don’t share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We don’t engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
- We don’t send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
- Passwords stored in our database are encrypted. We can’t access or retrieve your password on your behalf (you have to use the “Forgot Password” function)
- 5pal.net, or people who post or comment on 5pal.net, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
2. Data we collect
- We sometimes collect your email address, for purposes such as sending self-publishing and confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, providing subscription email services, registering for forums, etc.
- 5pal.net does not collect or store credit card information.
- We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it on discussions, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on 5pal.net via comments or discussions that you expect to keep private. When you leave a comment your IP address is recorded in our database. This can help us combat SPAM and prevent abuse.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the 5pal.net site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
3. Data we store
- All comments and discuss postings are stored in our database, even after “deletion,” and may be archived elsewhere.
- Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
- Registered users can access and update their account information through their profile.
- Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
4. Archiving and display of 5pal.net contents, postings and comments by search engines and other sites
Search engines and other sites not affiliated with 5pal.net – including archive.org, google.com, and groups.yahoo.com, etc. – archive or otherwise make available 5pal.net postings.
5. Circumstances in which 5pal.net may release information
- 5pal.net may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
- 5pal.net may also disclose information about its users to law enforcement officers or others, in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably; respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third-parties; or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of 5pal.net, its users or the general public.
6. International Users
By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of 5pal.net we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.